Monday, February 14, 2011

serious love this valentine's day

Emerson Grace is here.  All 6 lbs, 7 oz and 20.5 inches of her.  She is the most beautiful thing you've ever seen with big blue eyes (so far) and a plush head full of hair.  But she needs your prayers.  She entered this world in traumatic fashion. . .went into distress during my long labor and had to come out via a "crash" c-section.  She swallowed meconium in the womb and came out without the capability of breathing on her own.  She also had the cord wrapped around her neck. . .loosely thank God.  It took her several minutes to come around and she needed a breathing machine for awhile.  She's breathing now, but it's a laborious thing for her to do.  She has pneumonia and the trauma of her birth has left her seriously shaken.  It'll be a long road of recovery.  She needs all the love and support possible to get her back to health.  I am in the hospital until Wed. recovering.  Miss Emmy will be in the NICU longer, but how long we are unsure at this time.  Daddy is putting the rock in rockstar and I can't imagine having anyone else by my side to go through this challenging time with.  He says and does all the right things.  So on this Valentine's Day, this sweet baby and my dear baby daddy really put the whole love thing into perspective.  I now know more love than I've ever known before.

1 day old

1 day old with a proud papa (she's not lookin too happy in the background)

2 days old

2 days old. . .so great to finally hold her!

and we're also feeling the love of my mom, sister and sweet nephews who arrived yesterday! so thankful they are here with us right now.

15 comments:

~Kristin~ said...

Dawn and Adam,
We are so happy to be here sharing this special time with you and are crazy about little Miss Em. She is so beautiful and precious. We are taking care of Daisy and everything on the home front so you all just spend your time loving on that baby!
XO

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby! I am a friend of your sister's, and we are praying for a full healthy recovery for Emerson in Hutchinson, Kansas! And praying for your recovery as well.
God bless you and your family - love Laura in Hutchinson

Laura Engelland said...

What a beautiful baby! Dawn - I am a friend of your sister's in Hutchinson. We are praying for a full healthy recovery for Emerson and for you too. I'm certain these are anxious moments for you and your husband, but know there are lots of people lifting your family up in prayers!

Marie @ Chocolate-Covered Chaos said...

Hi Dawn,
I'm a blog friend of Kristin's. She's been sharing about your new little miracle, and I wanted to pop over to say hi:) Your sweet baby girl is absolutely precious! Despite her rough start, she looks amazing. I'm keeping her, and all of you, in prayer as you travel down this road. If everything went according to our plans, I guess we wouldn't have to lean on God at all. I'm praying you find peace and rest in His capable arms. I'll also pray that your tough, sweet little girl gets through this challenge quickly. Hugs from PA!
Marie

Heidi said...

Hey there! I follow Kristins blog, and have been praying for you and your sweet family. Your daughter is so beautiful! Congrats! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I am rallying the troops and we are all sending prayers up! I love you like crazy, lady! & I wish I could be there right now! I know you are surrounded by so much love and support! Emmy is absolutely beautiful! A little coconut just like her mama! ;) xob

Amanda said...

Amanda here a friend of Kristen. I am praying for you now...

Unknown said...

I am a blog friend of Kristin's and I j ust want you to know that I will be praying for you, your sweet baby, you husband, and everyone that Loves Miss Em. As a mom I know the emotions you are feeling, and as a mom of having had a premie in the NICU I understand those emotions too. The first day is surreal, and after that the emotions pile and you don't know what you feel. I will pray that God holds you every step of the way. I know God has His hands on her now. I will pray for the doctors and nurses that are treating her and that they will be able to make the best decisions regarding her care. I am a labor and delivery nurse and work in a hospital with a Level 2 NICU, and it sounds like she is is awesome care. I'm sending mym hugs your way and sweet kisses to that beautiful little girl.

Anonymous said...

Dawn- she is beautiful just like her mama!!! LOVE the pictures. I am SO sorry you all are going through this right now. Our whole family is lifting up baby Emmy in prayers continually knowing we serve an Amazing God that even has every single hair on her head numbered. We are praying for complete healing and restoration for her and for your strength now as you endure this trial. May God surround you with His love that only He can give! I am SO glad your sister and mom and her kiddos are there for you. Much love, Cara

Shara said...

Shara here...friend of Kris's :0)

You have a BEAUTIFUL baby girl, Miss Dawn!!

AND I wanted you to know that you and Adam and Baby Emerson have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love to all of you from Hutch <3

Ott, A. said...

Just stoppin' by from Sweet County Life. you have a beautiful angel there and you are all certainly in my prayers.

Deborah Vogts said...

Hi Dawn, I came to visit you from Kristin's blog. Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for all of you. Emerson is precious. Blessings to you.

Sarah said...

I will be praying for you and Emmerson. She is so beautiful. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Coming over from your sister, Kristin's blog. Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for your sweet Emerson!

White Ironstone Cottage said...

Sending you all Love and prayers
xxoo
Pam